The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Friday, February 26, 2016

Mr Cardmaker and the Mystery of the Lost Mugs

I always love seeing that people bring treats with them to enjoy while crafting. I have never been one to bring  food into my craft space--I have enough trouble keeping my projects clean without chocolate or grease marks on them. I think some gummy bears would be nice, from time to time, though...
I have, however, been known to bring a hot cup of what-have-you in with me when it's time to create. I think it gives me that needed pause when I want to contemplate an idea, that breather when I'm getting frustrated with that thing that's not quite working, or that welcome stalling tactic when the mojo is just NOT flowing.

So, it's no surprise that I have to go hunting for the dead soldier tea and coffee cups on a regular basis. Luckily, for the most part I can always find things on my work table. It's on days when I paint a wall or a room, or on housecleaning day when I have to run recognizance, hunting all the corners where I may have had too many things in my hands. I have yet to have a total loss. I wear that badge proudly.

My love for warm beverages spills over into my craft work on occasion, and that makes me smile. Do you know about Coffee Loving Papercrafters? Check them out-There's a fun Facebook group for them, too.

I made this--

I joined Stampin Up recently, just for the deal and discount (as you do),and I got some wonderful new things to play with!

I LURVE the die set--THREE different cups, a teapot and other stuff. And, it pairs so nicely with the Balloon Celebration stamp set, thanks to the wonderful sentiment stamps!  The "tea" can be replaced with champagne, coffee and hot chocolate, or if you are really hardcore, you can leave it without adding anything. That can lead to ugly mornings, though. Don't ask how I know...

Now, there is a stamp set that goes with the dies, but I am too cheap uh frugal uh, financially limited to buy everything I like, so I was happy to see this set working with other elements. I DID buy the balloon punch. Birthdays and New Year's and stuff, you know..


(PS-Yes, I am selling this stuff, if somebody asks, FYI. Check out the catalogs in my sidebar and ask me about getting $155.00 worth of stuff for $99.00 [for a limited time] if you'd like. I loved it first, though.)

The decorations on the cups are from the Balloon Celebration set- I think my favorite is the little dandelion sprig thingy on the top mug. Love it with the yellow AND white!

The background stamp is from Hero Arts, but SU also does a wood grain background. And a doily because, well, teacups. We are piss elegant POSH around here!

I have more of these cards to share, and I will do just that. After a cup of tea. Or three...
And then, the mug hunt...

Thanks so much for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard




8 comments:

  1. Lovely! And that woodgrain paper as background is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your fun card! I'm glad I'm not the only one who leaves coffee/tea cups everyplace, oh...and reading glasses! Love this - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card. AWEsome for the tea lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!!Love your cups,awesome background!!!have a good evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and even more beautiful prose. If you're not already, you should be a writer. The paragraph about the reasons you have your hot cuppa whatever really rings a bell with me - so true. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh jeez, I've tried not to look at the Stampin' Up catalogues....now I'm gonna have to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm staying a while.. Forget my last comment!! You just broke all my rules.. mixing lace with wood grain!! LOL But WOW! IT WORKS! And looks AMAZING!! Richards rules are better!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!