The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Mr Cardmaker Sends Happy Hanukkah Wishes

So, Hanukkah started last night, and we have one part of the family that are Hanukkah people.  I love making a card for them every year. Having only ONE Hanukkah stamp set, I love challenging myself to get creative with it. We also give a gift (not eight, sorry...),so I also made a coordinating tag.

I made this--

You probably recognize the magic of Distress Inks (and the cool stuff that happens with water) going on here.  I love when I see the traditional blue and gold accompanied with lots of colors, so I really went for it here. 
Using a Papertrey Ink stamp set, I stamped the greeting in just about every blue I own, and followed with all the pinks, reds, and oranges in my stash. 
I followed up my stamping with my blending tool, using pinks on the left and reds/oranges on the right.
I liked the menorah in the red tones, because I feel like you get a stronger feeling of candlelight happening there.
A thin strip of gold washi finishes off the sparkle element on the front.

Inside--


Sorry, don't mind my fingers...
More gold, and glittered embossing powder on the candles, and just a touch of color around the edges of the white panel.
Yes, that little blob did happen--We made sure to write our greeting over it!

Another look--

and one last one--


And there's a tag!

Same idea, but done with embossing powders.  I had some loose pieces of powder when I did the liquid platinum (the ink was still a tiny bit wet), but I actually like the distressed look it gives.  I think the white candles give a nice pop here, too.

Hoping that your Hanukkah is joyous and filled with light.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard


5 comments:

  1. Richard these are both so wonderful! I love how you blended the inks for the background! It does look like candlelight and is so very beautiful!!!! Happy Holidays!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty Richard!! I of course love the shimmer of the embossing powder!! And the backgrounds you created are so gorgeous!!! I have a couple stamp sets but usually forget to use them....you inspired me to dig them out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and the tag is perfection! Love all the overstamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Richard these are awesome! Your blending with the distress inks is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely ADORE the color scheme on the card - my all time favourite colours - made even more fab by the pop of gold.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!