The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mr. Cardmaker has been Tagged


Today I'm entering the Tag You're it! challenge, and the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.

This is the inspiration photo--


I just got the mini Distress Ink pads, set, 1-9, and I've been playing around with them a bit.
I pulled out my Jumbo Peony stamp from Stampendous, and got to work using some watercolor techniques.
I made this--


 
 
I black embossed my image, added water within the individual shapes in the flower, and then floated color in on top of the water.
There are so many colors in there, but Picked Raspberry, Scattered Straw, and Worn Lipstick are among the majority.  Tumbled Glass is the majority of the background. 
 
I worked this pretty hard, and I am really happy that I used watercolor paper instead of cardstock, or I'd have had a huge wet mess. 
 
The sentiment is also black embossed onto vellum, with tiny dots of glue used just behind the letters.
 
The tag is subtle here, but it seems to work.
 
This is my first time at this challenge blog, and I hope to get back here again!
 
PS--I have a new photo setup IN the craft room, instead of way down in the basement, so I am hoping to get back to the blog post haste!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
All Best--
Richard
 


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful watercoloring! I love using the "real" watercolor paper, I think it makes a huge difference! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have outdone yourself on this one! OH my - it's so beautiful! You are going to get hooked big time on the watercoloring now! It's so pretty against the black background, too. Great job - so glad you're back on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard this is one beautiful tag! I just bought more of the TH distressed cubes too! I love how you embossed this first, it helps keep the paint inside. Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous watercoloring, and I love that you embossed the image--makes for "neat" painting!
    So happy you joined us at Tag You're It, and we hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Dramatic! Makes me think art deco, which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag! Love the black embossing with the bright colors! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. A standout Richard! The black emboss is striking against the bright colors. Gorgeous detailing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Richard this is fabulous! I love the black embossing with the bright colors painted inside! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is stunning - what a beautiful way to colour this flower! It really pops against the watery, summery-feeling of the sky ;) Totally reminds me how much I need this stamp!!! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog and really like your designs (so I became a follower too). Love the watercolored peony and your design is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The watercolor application against the hyper peony die is so eye catching. Nice job, husband!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!