The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Mr Cardmaker Liked it, So He Put a Wreath on it

Well, if anything is going to get me onto the computer to write a post, it's a challenge!  This week, I am joining in with the Merry Monday challenge blog.  "Put a wreath on it" is what they asked for, and put a wreath on it I DID!

I made this--

 
 
I had coveted that Memory Box Catalina Wreath die for AGES, and I just LOVE it.  It is super detailed, so my metal shim REALLY helps cut it out, and even then, I had to do a tiny bit of snipping.
 
My background paper had that tiny bit of pool color in it, so I added to it with a Papertrey Ink sentiment stamp, and kept the color going with my wreath ,including the tiny bling. These are Heidi Swapp papers, I do believe, except for the wreath, which is an ancient DCWV pad. This is a 12x12 pad, and I am really digging how big the lettering is.
 
I REALLY wish the photo showed how shiny my sledding kid is, because I am PSYCHED about how I got it.  I used scraps of photo print paper!  Whoa! I was using my trimmer to trim some photos that I printed (which I NEVER do), and I really loved the shine of the paper.  I have yet to try to stamp or watercolor on it, but I LOVE it for this die cut.
 
I am also following the Festive Friday challenges, or trying to, anyway, so with any luck I will have a great stash of Christmas cards well before the rush of the season. That would be good.  This one doesn't fit in with their challenge at the moment, but I will get on the ball with them soon, I hope.
 
I'll leave you today with just a small detail of my card--
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful wreath, Richard! I love the matching rhinestones! And the die cut of the sledder is a wonderful way to use up those snippets of photograph paper! I'll have to remember that. Great layout! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super design, Richard, a real work of ART! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness! What a fun card, and I love the way that only part of it is visible! Great job, my friend! Good luck on the challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really like this card! I really enjoy that the wreath is wrapped around your sentiment panel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you do much rubber stamping? Because photo print paper looks cool when it's stamped. It takes a bit to dry; but I love the shine....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful - I love where your mind goes : ) I also love the stripe and polka dot, red and green together, calmed down by the beige color and then wham that pop of pool color! Your creativity always takes me on the coolest journeys. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...am loving all the elements you included in this card! My eyes did a happy dance looking at ALL the detail! Gotta love Memory Box dies don't ya, and your sled from the photo paper is great (I'll have to remember that tip)!! Great job Richard! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Richard, I love all the great details and fantastic elements. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Richard. Love the way you have your wreath partially exposed, and your fun angled design. FANTASTIC creation with tons of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I.Love.This.Card.So.Much!!! I'm totally in love with Memory Box dies too!!! And your title...cracks me up every time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Richard, I love how you 'wreathed' your card. Great paper with your sentiment showcased.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What the heck is this???? I'll tell you what....it's pure gorgeous! Holy crud...I love this card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!