The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Monday, November 5, 2012

Updated: Mr Cardmaker is Spammed Out.

***UPDATE:
 Due to the fact that I, myself HATE word verification, as do so many of you, I have turned it back off.  Intead, I have enabled the comment moderator feature, so I'll read 'em before I post'em. 

Bleah, spammers. 
And, while I'm at it, Bleah, word verification people.  How about making it just a teensy bit easier to work together???


So sad to have to do it, but the word verification has been turned back on here at the ol' Blog.
Fifty spam messages in two days is my limit, I'm afraid.

Sorry to make commenting inconvenient again, but I hope you'll continue to do so!

Sorry, and thanks!
Cheers-
Richard

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you got spammed like that! I don't use word verification instead I moderate comments. With moderation you never miss a comment and if there is spam you delete it and it is never published. I think spammers just leave this situation alone as I have only had 1 or 2 spams in the several years I have been doing this.

    For some reason on a lot of blogs the word verification is really fuzzy and can hardly be read. I try to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, you're not alone. I created a recent post about it as well. Yes, I hate word verification, but I hate having spam and while Sandi's idea is a good one, I hate going through all the spam comments in my email. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that you CAN moderate your account, which will send you an e-mail anytime a new comment is posted. From there you can either read it, or if it is inappropriate, you can delete it. This does away with these bothersome CAPCHA things, which I don't ordinarily both with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you're getting spammed - how awful! I hate the word verification, too. Last week I finally got my new lenses (new prescription) and am doing better at them now (giggle) but still, sometimes it takes me several tries to get them right. Oh well. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!