The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Monday, January 30, 2012

Mr Cardmaker may have a Couple of Misses...

THIS IS MY SECOND POST TODAY!!!
Please scroll down and check out my earlier post.  You'll enjoy it!
...............................................................

Hoo Boy.  You know how you get this idea, rush to pump it out, and in the end, you stare at the thing and wonder how it went wrong? 

Yeah.

I made these things-

 OK, to be honest, I don't hate this first one so much.  I think the colors are just a bit weird.
I used GinaK Designs All Occasions Tags set to make this, with PTI paper, SU Cherry Cobbler ink and Memento Tuxedo Black.  The tag is cut out with a Spellbinders Grommet Tag die, and popped up with some foam tape.


This one.....Yeahhhhhhh.
Mmmmmmmm.
Hmmmmmmm.     A love muffin.  And the streamers.   A red stardust pen.   Yeah, I think I gotta toss this one.  Too much of a whole lotta nuttin' going on here.

What do YOU think?

Give me a shout and let me know what you think.  The envelope, or the trash bin?

Thanks for stopping by!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha......I know what you mean! I have days like that too. Hmmm....what do I think? Well, I really like the first one a lot. I think the colors all pull together nicely, and you've done a wonderful job of lining up your sentiments! Well done! The second card, while not a manly card, is cute as can be. Don't toss it - give it to one of your clients at the shop! They'll be tickled 'red' to get a handmade card from you! If all else fails, send it to your momma - moms like everything their kids make! Definitely not for your 'equal-half', but very cute! Maybe a neighbor lady? You are a card makin' machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Richard... we ALL have those types of crafting days. Don't feel too bad. :) If you want my HONEST opinion, I DO like the first card you created... I'm a sucker for the black/red/white combo and I like how you had multiple images of the tags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like them both !
    I like the colors on the first and fun design.
    I like the second because it is a great way to use lots of ribbon scraps up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually TOTALLY LOVE The first one! The colors ROCK and the design is fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm only answering in response to what you wrote under each one. As for the first one, the placement of everything is wonderful. Can't see where this one went wrong at all. You mentioned something about the colors. I love this color combo. I'd leave it as is, but if you're looking for a suggestion... maybe color the little red hearts black to match the BG hearts. Only a suggestion.
    As for the second card. Ummmmm, wow...that's a lot to take in all at once, but once you look at it for awhile, it absolutely HAS to look this way. The ribbon simply compliments the fun and sporadic placement of the hearts and the lines of the ribbon draw you down to the bottom very nicely. I actually really like the movement of this creation.

    Great creativity and pushing the comfort boundaries. :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!