The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Friday, September 30, 2011

Some Kinda Colorful

My dear friend Betty Ann Grove had a birthday, and I did a challenge at StampTV in the past month or so, so I wanted to quickly share some projects with you.

For Miss Grove, a wonderful 80+ gal with a TON of get-up-and-go, I made this--

I do love a circle.  Clearly.  This was made on a base cardstock from A*muse Studio, with CS and DP from SU.  The image is GinaK Designs, and I colored it with colored pencils, and used glossy accents on the flowers.  The pearls and ribbons are from AC Moore, the dollar bins, and I used an ek success punch and a Sizzix embossing folder on the orange cardstock.   Bright and fresh, just like Miss Grove!

Then, for a rainbow challenge at StampTV, I made this--

I like this one.  I used an image from Ditto, and colored on the stamp with crayola markers.  Who knew they would work on stamps?  The image is from SU, the Perfect Words set, and the DP that I used to make the bargello look at the bottom is all from SU, too.  The base is GinaK Designs Kraft CS, and I used a white gel pen to make the stitching lines.  I used SU Ballet Blue on the edges of my white CS and on my label (spellbinders Label Four), and used some baker's twine from The Paper Source to tie it all down.  I found my rhinestones in several different places, mostly from the box of HUNDREDS I bought at a yard sale for a dollar!

The bargello technique looks hard, but you merely adhere strips of DP to a piece of CS, cut it into strips going the other way (so you have all of your colors in one strip) and then arrange them in a pattern and trim to fit.  Looks like a quilt or something, right?

Thanks for checking out my projects!
Come back and see me, and feel free to leave me some feedback!  I am still learning here, y'all!
Take good care.
All Best-
Richard

5 comments:

  1. Woweeeeeee......Richard! These are so pretty and colorful! Love that you used circles in one, and rectangular strips in the other. Great choices of DP's and the crayons are fabulous!!! Very fun post today, and Miss Grove is going to smile from ear to ear! I hope I still have her get up when I'm 80+ - the 'go' will be a bonus!!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! I see you switched to the new Blogger style, too! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous cards Richard- I agree, the circles ROCK! love them!! :) btw- got your cards- THANK YOU so MUCH!! I do sooo appreciate them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Circle gorgeousness and rainbow bliss...these are quirky, vibrant, free flowing, unique and oh so much fun to admire. :D
    Really love the flowers on the second one...beautiful application of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Richard! Love your fabulously colorful cards. I love the look of those Crayola markers with that image. Nicely done. Seriously, I want you to know that I have not forgotten you. Since I heard that you were going to Paris, I wanted to wait to mail the package when I knew you would be back home. So It will be in the mail by the end of the week. Hope you are well! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!